1.22.2010

Wishing for Excitement


Gosh, do I hate being couped up in the country. I need some excitement! I am wishing for a party, a wedding, something! Anything-anything to wear something absolutely stunning. I want breathtaking! I want to wear a silver/gold ombre sequined draped halter gown that has a amazing cinched waist just like Jean Paul Gaultier Fall Couture 2009 Runway Show. Even the purple silk floor length coat with a black fox fur trim around the collar and cuffs I would settle for. With all this talk of getting out of the house for a night on the town (or hopefully a move back for me), what do you wear for your debut? This is a very important detail because people haven't seen you in a while, and you are bound to impress, right?


Well, then we need strong and ultra chic details. I think the best bet would be a dress and a fabulous coat. Here are some suggestions I think will turn heads right when you walk into any room:


Chiffon dress with velvet triangular pattern

One sleeve jersey black dress

Shift pattern dress with a long coat and layered necklaces

Draping cowl dress in lame silver with leather elbow gloves

Gold lame dress with choppy fringe (very 20's) and a fur coat

Sequin dress (sectioned) with a toile train

Balmain like dress in pastel patterned sequins

Gown with a drop waist silk or velvet in royal blue

Corset top dress with straps and chiffon bottom dress

Flap like disco shift dress and ostrich coat (in pure white)


If you are on the curvy side go for the darker colors, especially when it's flashy. You don't want to draw attention to your "not favorite parts".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!