1.31.2010

Get Nude

The Smokey Eye has reigned supreme for longer than I can count. This season however, is quite different. We are not taking things so seriously. I think we all have the attitude "It is what it is" to quote my Dad. The runways were full of fresh-clean faces painted with just a touch of muted shades and nude hues on nude. I think this is a breath of fresh air, but I will admit to still rocking the smokey eye. What stands out the most for going "nude" is carefully contouring the cheeks. This is the difference between looking like you rolled out of bed. This is NOT the same trend as in the 90's when everyone was wearing too light pancake foundations (and layered no less). Today's nudes are not limited to only certain shades like beige.

You can achieve Spring's fresh look in many different ways. You can deepen the natural shade of your lips, use bronzer instead of blush, or apply sheer nude lipstick. I would still apply mascara as usual as well as lightly lining your eyes in a soft brown. Highlighters can add a nice soft glow to this look.

Revlon has a chic sheer nude lipstick called Soft Nude for $8.99.

Email me if you have any questions on the 101 of this beauty moment at realisticglamour@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!