1.11.2010

A Plum Mushroom in Taupe


I bet you think I have lost my marbles in my recent absence, but I promise you I have not. What the heading is referring to is the hottest new color in beauty! I just love plum/gray/pewter. This is a really versatile color. It looks great on the nails and works with all skin shades (yea for us translucent people!). OPI has a glossy and elegant neutral called Over the Taupe you can check out their website or go to Sephora. The polish is about $9, I know that seems ludicrous to pay for a nail lacquer, but OPI is high quality and has minimal chipping. Check out the eye shadows and eye liners. With the eyeliners you can layer it thickly just like normal eyeliner working it into the lashes with a liner brush. Avon's youthful brand MEETMARK has a goddess inspired creamy pencil in their Mark Mini Mark It Stick Hook Up Stick for eyes in Cocoa Bean for $6. Found at meetmark.com. I just love powder shadows and a velvety sheer plum is perfect for soft smoky eyes. Smudge the shadow with a smudge brush or your finger along the top and bottom lashes. Don't worry if it's not perfect, that's the whole idea. Benefit has a beautiful shadow in Gimme Me Some Plum and so does Urban Decay, both found at Sephora. Mousse shadows are perfect for humid climate. The reasoning behind the fact is because most formulas are water resistance. Look for a dusky iridescent shadow, spread against lid up to crease. Viola! Utterly flattering and chic! WARNING: Color will change in light so do not freak out!


Let me know if you need more tips to wearing the plum taupe trend or if you rocked the look, how it went and if you are now following the Plum Mushroom who wears Taupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!