1.11.2010

Dreaming of Romeo and Juliet

I always end up dressing for my mood, and I can say that's pretty common for others as well. Today, well I guess I should say tonight I want the airiness of Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Daines in the beloved modern take of Romeo and Juliet. Remember her gorgeous white silk and chiffon gown she wore to the Capulet Ball? That is the airiness I am talking about. Think soft cotton ruffle tops worn with dark jeans and feminine printed satin flats. The pieces should not be dark, they should be very light pastel colors. Charles Albert has amazing printed paisley flats from endless.com. If you are going on vacation or have any special events coming up, save up your pennies because this piece is costly, but so worth it. BCBG Max Azria Silk Crinkle Chiffon Dress in white is breath taking. I am going to Las Vegas in April for my birthday and I am planning a day around that dress! This dress in white is not for the curvy, the empire was cut is right, but the color will not be flattering. I would go for a navy blue and add airy accessories. For instance, add a vintage beaded silk antique frame bag, or a long necklace that has wing charms on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!