1.02.2010

Party Like It's 1983


I am sure all you glamorous girls are wondering what I wore for New Year's Eve. Well, if I must say so myself, I went for purple and sequins. My two favorites! It really went with the 80's revival trend this season. To help get a complete understanding of the trend (no big hair or electric blue eye shadow) I am going to explain thoroughly. This trend went a little more rock than disco. Think of metallic leathers, acid wash jeans, crystal studded mini dresses, and asymmetry. Sequin dresses with exaggerated shoulders look amazing (seen many on the North side that night). Deep necklines also look good, just watch the cleavage, you don't want to look cheap (seen a lot of that on the North side as well, maybe that's why I was throwing up in a cup! Ha! Just teasing!). I also love the one sleeve sweater dresses. A comfy and dressy way to be sexy. Asymmetrical dresses can be a great way to play up your assets, like legs or arms, maybe even your back. Because the cut of the dress is not even, the eyes are drawn to the dress (and hot body), so if you are a little body conscious, go for a dark color like plum, black, navy, etc. Sequin blazers with jeans look so chic, I just love the look! Forever 21 has awesome sequin pieces, just make sure to hand wash the items, because sequins will fall off in the washing machine.


Since we understand how this 80's trend works, I can explain what I wore. I wore a purple mini dress with 3/4 sleeves. The dress had thick horizontal sequin stripes going across the front. To rock it out, I wore a large silver chain link collar necklace that had little beads at the ends. I layered silver, black, and purple bangles and a silver cuff on my wrists. To tie it all together I wore black textured tights and stiletto patent pumps. Not to mention I wore gray shadow with tons of glitter. I will have pictures of me from that night uploaded as soon as my husband finds our camera! The dress was from Forever 21, tights from Kmart, necklace from Wal-Mart, bangles from Charlotte Russe as well as the cuff, and patent pumps are from Victoria Secrets.

Up top is a similar dress to what I wore, but like I said, mine was all purple and had sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!