1.12.2010

Sunshine Reading

I love to read books that just makes me question what I know and make me feel as if I can take on the world. I recently got my hands on two books that make me feel that way, I sure they will have the same magic for you.

Bluebird:Women and the New Psychology of Happiness (Farrar, Straus, and Giroux)
What this book is doing is looking at, for women is the question of happiness is all too often a leading on (it seems). We were taught as women to fake happiness or put on a happy face, but ultimately our happiness is ignored, no matter how much we fake it.

Becoming Jane Eyre (Sheila Kohler)
This book examines the abbreviated lives of the Bronte sisters (Charlotte, Emily, and Anne) and also of their addiction-addled brother and destitute father. It is very raw and blunt. The country mannerisms and tete-a-tete is long forgotten here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!