1.11.2010

California Dreaming...


On Such a Winter's Day...


My mind has been on warmer climates lately, but can you blame me? I have over a foot of snow, below zero temps, and a car that would be better if it was a sled. My optimistic mind has wandered to the bright and high times of 1960's California. Start with a canary yellow corduroy belted trench coat to warm up this drab January. The belted style is perfect for boyish shapes, pear shapes, and larger busts; especially if it is A-line (most are). Open your world to a glamorous vintage button front wool skirt or skinny corduroy hip-huggers in cream (amazing deal at heritage1981.com for $15!) with classic brown leather knee high boots, maybe even look for ones with a little hard ware on the calf. Girls with a rump, stick with the button-front skirt, white cords will only make your bum look like another planet. Top it off with a ladylike cotton lace blouse in cream or off-white. Possibly throw in a enamel daisy brooch or a gold locket necklace. I must have a leather everyday saddle bag to really feel like Peggy Lipton. You will not look hippie or too boho, trust me, you will give a more polished and sunny air about you.


Let me know if dreaming in California colors lightens your mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!