12.19.2009

Sweater Dress Perfect for a Snow Day




I walked out to my car this morning at 6:00 a.m. to find that the earth was blanketed in snow. Come on! Yes, I wished for a "White Christmas", but still...At least I looked fabulous dusting my car off!

As planned, I wore my new purple sweater dress (with the cowl neck) by "Go International" and my gray slouch flat boots. I decided (when I discovered my favorite black tights had a hole in them) on patterned tights and dark gray dangle earrings. To brighten things up, I paired my Snow Look with a bright silver cuff.

The earrings and cuff were a steal. Both were $2.00 at Charlotte Russe! The boots are by Steve Madden and I got them ridiculously reduced at $52.00 (originally $129.00). They were worth the cost because they are an investment piece. I will be able to wear the boots season after season. Not to mention, the gray is a neutral and the style is classic. The two together equal a cozy seat in many fashion trends to come.

When buying investment pieces such as suede, make sure to take care of them. That way you get your moneys worth. Nothing is more irritating when your favorite boots are ruined by the salt during the winter season. Do yourself a favor and buy some suede protector and a suede brush. This will elongate the life of the suede product. Believe me, it will be a cold day in hell when I let those wonderful gray boots get ruined.

Let me hop down from my soap box and get on with sweater dresses...
The sweater dress is a comfortable and chic way to look fabulous over the holidays. There is not a limit on what fabric, but cotton and wool look very pulled together, whether knit or ribbed. If you want to draw attention to your waist and chest, cinch the dress with a waist belt. Want to elongate your torso, layer long necklaces over a mini-sweater dress (make sure to wear with knee-high boots then). Looking for mile-long legs, dress up the sweater dress with some pumps. Match the tights to the color of the pumps, that's what makes your legs appear longer!

The sweater dress is so worth looking into for your BIG-CHRISTMAS-EXTRAVAGANZA look next week. You will be comfortable, stylish, and able to chase a toddler around in it.
Enjoy the snow!

1 comment:

  1. Love sweater dresses! You need to take care of them just like you said about taking care of your boots. I'm still trying to perfect my laundry skills and just ruined one of my favorite sweater dresses by washing it with a towel. You should have a laundry section. lol

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!