12.30.2009

Forties and Fabulous


I truly believe I was re-incarnated from the 1940's. My style, attitude, and manner of speech are so not from this era. I think is say "darling" at least 50 times a day! When the fall 2009 fashion shows had 1940's written all over them, I about keeled over in excitement! Can you picture it? Walking into the MGM studio with Joan Crawford or Bette Davis, being the Girl Friday of your time! Well your MGM is where ever your little heart takes you this New Year's Eve! You are the modern day Bette Davis. The 40's look is truly for more classy affairs. I am talking fur coat belted with high shoulders, gloves, and cropped pants. The coat is just as important as the ensemble itself. Another show stopper is a velvet peacoat with rouched shoulders or a camel coat with exaggerated shoulders.


What to wear underneath these marvelous coats, you ask? Beautiful gowns, my pretty! Open back long gowns are beyond stunning. Velvet floor length gowns are gorgeous and not to mention a little warmer than silk. If you really want to turn heads when you walk into a room, I would wear an off the shoulder dress that is embroidered at the bust down to the leg.


Long gowns too much? Add 1940's accessories to incorporate the tread, such as fur stoles, clutches, head pieces, elbow length gloves, and don't forget the red lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!