12.21.2009

How To...

I was wearing my ultimate favorite patent pumps today by Colin Stuart. I was sitting at my desk with my feet up (see how hard I work) and noticed how utterly dirty my blessed pumps were! I could not believe it! These pumps have seen and been through so much with me and I let them get disgusting.

Here's the thing, there are so many myths out there about cleaning patent leather: Vaseline, rubbing alcohol, lotion, a streak free rag... There is one way that I have found that works the best and does not scratch or scuff your patent leather.

Take a ratty old t-shirt and spray and area with Windex (yes, Windex). Take your pump (boot, flat, whatever) and move in light circular motions with the t-shirt against the pumps. The result is a shoe whose leather looks clean and new!

1 comment:

  1. i am love love LOVING you blogging.

    you can teach me a few things about style, FOR SURE. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!