12.18.2009

The Race to Christmas!

I am sure you're rushing about town to try and finish up last minute Christmas shopping, wrapping presents till wee hours of the night, and frantically baking cookies (like my dear friend Heather is as we speak). In the midst of this Christmas Chaos, have you stopped to A)look in a mirror (you might be resembling the Grinch)or B) thought of what your are going to wear for the Holiday Festivities ahead? I am positive neither, but never fear my dears, I am here to help! My advice is, sit down, relax, and have a cup of coffee (add some gingerbread creamer for holiday spirit)! Think about the past Holiday parties... Horrible Christmas sweaters, worn-out jeans, possibly flannel pajamas!

This year, your are going to look beyond fabulous (and not with a blinking reindeer sweater). I am sure this is the last thing on your mind, "I don't have time to plan my outfits". Well believe me, you will thank me after the party. Think Glitz and Glamour. Shop your closet. What do you have that is silver, gold, or any metallic, sequins, be-jeweled? For my office Christmas Party, I am wearing a silver/black sack dress (I wore twice already to Vegas and to a naughty party)with a silver waist belt, black tights, patent black pumps, and a bow head band. This dress I got during the summer at Target in the clearance section for $9.00. Don't let the hanger fool! Try everything on before the evening of (couple days ahead at least), this means you too Mother!

So if you are standing in the closet bemused, check out Target's clearance. If you have a little extra change, check out Target's adorable little cocktail dresses, cardigans, and blouses. They all are very glitz and glamorous, and not to mention super easy to style.

You can never fail with dark trousers. For example, on Christmas Eve, I have to work (I am a nutritionist by day) and have a family Christmas gathering at night. I am wearing the same dark gray trousers to both, that way it is easy to transition from one event to the other, all I have to do is change the top and accessories. I am wearing a gold brocade blazer with a black neck-tie blouse to work. To the "R" Christmas party, I am wearing a Vera Wang (from Kohl's, clearance $12.00) pewter damask top. It is cinched at the waist and is jeweled around the neck line. To complete the look I am wearing crystal earrings and patent oxford booties.

If you are still stumped, go with a dark wash jeans, ballet flats, and a sequined or jeweled cardigan. It will not fail you. Take my advice, by taking the time to plan your holiday wear, you won't be late (because your are not frantically trying everything on in your closet and declaring you have nothing to wear),you be confident,comfortable,and composed and bound to have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!