4.23.2010

The Strange Folks We Work With



In my profession, it is quite amusing to watch many attempt to rock "business casual". I get to people watch all day long. I supervise, so I must have my eyes pealed. And pealed they are. My absolute favorite (I have many favorites, don't I?) is when a person claims they don't care how they look or don't give a shit about what other people think. Ha! Um, hello! We are human, we have been caring what people think and talking about other human beings since Eve bit the damn apple!

This is a shout out to you Mrs. Nurse in your scrunchy socks, bulky gym shoes and boxy a-line skirt: you should care what people are saying about you, because honey, it's not good. You're an utter disaster.
You know who you are. I see you everyday, on the same floor, at the same time.

There are no excuses for dressing bad. I am a boss. I think of how people carry themselves and comfort Mrs. Nurse, is the worst thing to say. It actually translates as lazy. Why have we women worked so hard to be in the workforce? To make a stand in the world to be out-dressed by men? For what? Laziness? Comfort? Fatigue?

WRONG-O!

Want to wear a skirt? Fine. Find one that at least fits for Christ's sake. If your curvy go high waisted, no curves, go for more volume with pleats. No gym shoes, you're not a gym teacher. My guess is you sit at a desk all day long. Wear a pair of neutral wedges or colorful ballet flats. As for the quest for comfort, I am running around for eight, almost nine hours a day in wedges, so quit the bitching.

I love getting dressed in the morning. Even if you hate your job and want to run your boss over numerous times with an extremely large vehicle, dressing the part will make you feel better about yourself. Maybe even aspire the courage to ask for the raise or tell the bimbo in the next cubicle to shut her pie-hole. 

Check out the look below from business chic (a blog), the look is casual and cool. Sure to impress, sure to turn heads.



Happy Business Casual!

If you spot any outrageous co-worker's apparel please send it to me! Posts will sure to follow with them as features!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!