10.27.2010

Completely Inspired by Emanuel Ungaro

You know when you feel old, when you remember a trend the first time around. I was watching the "righteous" movie Clueless today and noticed how a lot of the trends going on for fall/winter 2010 is from the late 80's early 90's.
It's bad when I find a white hair, no-not gray, a freaking white hair, but when I remember the trends and wore them too. I am sure I am getting tons of eye-rolls right now, but I am having my first official "Shit, I am getting old" moment.
Okay, it's over.
Moving on.
So, Emanuel Ungaro's F/W 2010 collection is very reminiscent of the posh 90210 scene (not to mention the show). Satin party dresses, bold colors, and polka dots are perfect for the girl that's looking to have fun during this drab and deary time. Red, fuchsia, and emerald green make chiffon, tweed and leather will give you a break from the minimalist or ladylike trend. I know I am looking to wear something that say "I am not a wallflower" and go to a great party, so I know I will defiantly be following this trend.
Here are some pieces that I know I am going to get and you should too:

Green leather jacket- make sure it is asymmetrical and cropped (cropped styles are more flattering)
Green onyx cat-eye earrings- great to polish up a look, evening classy enough for a cocktail party
Glenn plaid pencil pants- a touch of menswear with a touch color such as blue will punch up your work day
Platform pumps-in leather or suede look great in a red, periwinkle, or green
Rosette gathered dress- specifically from Forever21 
Envelope clutch- patent leather or embossed croc look fabulous
Polka dot skirt- draped chiffon will make it more 90's Gilbert Grape than 50's I Love Lucy 
Word pins- I like ones that say sweet things like "love" or "psych"


Hopefully someone will be host a party soon, well what am I talking about, the holiday season is on its way! More opportunities for you to try out some Emanuel Ungaro!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it! Who does it realistic, how to wear it, and when? Anything else... captivate us!